Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Daily Bible Verse

I always recieve thedailybibleverse,org's bible verse every day on my facebook (with a small insert about the verse) and I have decided I am going to start posting it each day on my blog. I always love getting the new verse daily and I am happy to share it with you!

1 Corinthians 10:11-12 – So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall

These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! – 1 Corinthians 10:11-12 (NIV)
The apostle Paul is correcting the immorality of the Corinthian church by recounting the Israelites journey through the wilderness. As he does so he brings us a sober warning: don’t think that you are exempt from the same sin as your spiritual forefathers. We deal with the same temptations to make idols of our everyday lives, so we would do well to listen to Pauls correction. The fulfillment of the ages has come; Jesus has given us the power through the gospel to live as a people set apart by God for the earth. Ponder that reality and let it soak into your soul. It can keep you from falling today.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

No comments:

Post a Comment